Types of Hunting Knives
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Hunting Knives and other Hunting topics.
Ehat are the common types of hunting knives?
There are a variety of hunting knives and each is designed for specific tasks.
- The Bowie hunting knives are heavy-duty all round knives with a blood groove for field dressing game.
- The drop-point knife is designed for small game and birds.
- A Skinning knife has a wide blade and fine dge.
- Boning knives can do double duty as a skinning knife, but only if the blade is kept sharp.
- Gutting knives have a second blade at the tip with a hook to prevent snagging.
Hunting knives should never be used as multi-purpose knives. This will dull and damage the blades.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.